Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Mom...



Dear Mom,

 

I wanted to write a poem for you.  I guess I am not that gifted enough to create something like that.  I couldn’t even think of the words that I could use to rhyme with the idea in my mind, so I guess the next best thing to do is write.

 

It was almost 33 years ago, you were in Luneta, it was one of those holidays the people used to celebrate, and while you were strolling I felt the need to go out into this world.  So on that fateful day were Filipinos used to celebrate the imposition of Proclamation No. 1081, I left your womb to enter this world, unknowing what purpose that I would carry out in the future.  You named me Donnie.   Short, suave, smart since I don’t have the patience to write long articles, and it also sounds boyish, which makes up my personality as a whole, attesting to the childish attitude that occur sometimes.

 

I still remember the first writing notebook you bought me.  It brought excitement that I could not contain.  And since I learned fast, I was eager to show my stuff in school.  Although with so many mischievous deeds done inside the classroom, I could have made it to the top of my class.  Although at times you were disappointed I was not the one lording it over the academic rankings posted on the board, I am happy and contented since you never pressured me to be the best.  You have been so understanding in what I have achieved.



 

You have also protected me, especially that dreadful day I was beaten up by that bully teener who was intimidated by my insults while playing with my friends.  I could never forget that day, since I was crying the whole time while my classmates couldn’t do anything, since that idiot was bigger and probably 5 to 7 years senior to us.  You have always assured me that everything is ok no matter what.

 

You accompanied me while enrolling in my new school after graduating from elementary.  You told me I would enjoy, never let me be distracted by what my other cousins have told me about how strict that school was, were no sane relative has ever gone to study.  It has always been you who was beside me during those faltering years of my adolescence, where I have almost succumbed to peer pressures, yet you have always welcomed my friends with open heart, trying to understand that we were all teenagers who are confused during those stages.  You never complained openly even if my friends, including Denver, were always hanging out at the house even if my room had been re-arranged to look like a jungle.

 

My 16th birthday was the loneliest celebration for me.  You decided to leave and seek greener pastures.  On the exact day I turned 16, you flew to Europe so that we could all have better lives.  It was a sacrifice, since we don’t even know what future you have out there in a cold place without your loved ones making it warm for you.  My life was starting to go downhill from there, not being responsible enough for my actions which got me into a lot of trouble.  And you were very patient and understanding, or perhaps far enough that I can’t be reached and be given that dreaded scolding that I deserved all the while.


Through the years I have always missed you.  And through the years I have always wondered what life would be, without you by my side during my learning days.  Whatever I have learned in life I owe it a lot to you.  You are the best mentor I had.  You are the best I ever had.

 

And with all that I have said earlier, I just wanted to say…

 

THANK YOU! I LOVE YOU!



Donnie

43 comments:

  1. naks man...nice touching letter (na may halong comedy)...your mom would be proud of you....

    happy mothers day!...

    ReplyDelete
  2. from my mom to your mom.... happy nanay's day.

    i wish lumaki ako with a mom and dad by my side. ;(
    i miss my mom, dad and i are not in good terms......
    id never lend a life like this to my kids,
    but then im not resentful about it...
    but i wish things were different.
    i envy families with close ties.


    *sob

    ReplyDelete
  3. lucky you had her til you turned 16,
    i was just 3 years old when they left and now am 21,
    theyre still there ;( i never really had been with her for a very
    long time, tis always 1 month and a few days.
    i miss her soooo much ;(

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your mom is really lucky to have a son like you =)
    Happy mother's day to your mom =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. awwwwwwwwww now i miss my mom "wiping my tears"
    she's now in heaven


    Happy Mother's day to all mommies out there

    ReplyDelete
  6. same here... look at my Mayo Uno entry...

    ReplyDelete
  7. NOTE: Denver is Denver John Razon... ung anak ni Darius Razon...
    grabe tambay yan minsan sa bahay kahit magulo ang kwarto no noon...

    ReplyDelete
  8. hindi applicable sakin yan...
    wala kaming problema sa isa't isa...
    and i respect your opinion on your mom...
    hope you respect mine... :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. uhhhm ,dont know him ei heheheh,
    sino un?

    ReplyDelete
  10. wala yun... HS friend ko... yung tatay nya dating Matinee Idol/Singer...
    nag artista din si Denver, sa That's... kaya lang na aksidente...

    ReplyDelete
  11. ahhhhhh, 18 pa ko eh, wla pa ko nun eh,
    di ko na ata naabutan
    eheheheh XD

    ReplyDelete
  12. siguro nga...
    pero ung aksidente nya baka naabutan mo...
    last year lang yata yun... iyak nga ng iyak si Darius eh...

    ReplyDelete
  13. grabe kuya, naiyak ako! aaaawwww!!!! touching as in. siguro kung mababasa lang ng mama mo to....she would be in tears also. send to her now!

    ReplyDelete
  14. wahahaha ano ba yan...
    puro iyak... PLONING hangover?

    ReplyDelete
  15. love this letter! touching....

    Happy Mothers Day to your mom duni!

    :)

    am glad she brought u to this world... and i got the chance to met u...

    thanks for being nice bro!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Kuya Donnie, ang ganda ng letter
    na-touch ako!! hehe

    Kaya let's make everyday a mothers day, father's day, Christmas, etc..
    Lets live each day as if its our last day..
    Para wala tayong pagsisihan sa bandang huli ;)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Its nice of you to show us how you love your mom, it is good that you tell them. for everybody who reads this, dont be scared or afraid to tell your parents how much they mean to you, even if you feel that they are the worst or the strictest, they mean well...it would be better to tell them you care and how much you love them when they are still here with us, and it would be a burden for you if you dont get to say how you feel when they leave....

    ReplyDelete
  18. touching! *punas-luha*

    your mom must be so proud of you! You'll be blessed cause you know how to pay respect to your mom.

    Happy Mother's Day to all Mothers! :D

    ReplyDelete
  19. naiinis ako.. bakit hindi ko magawan ng ganyang letter ang mama ko?
    sya na rin kasi ang nagsabi na kung gagawa ako ng letter.. kung pwede tagalog na lang daw..
    hihihi...

    ang galing mo duni.. saludo ako sayo..!
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. hindi kasi ako makagawa ng POEM...
    naka mental block ako ngayon :((

    ReplyDelete
  21. wow,na touch naman ako dun.

    *sob sob sob

    ReplyDelete
  22. akala ko naiyak sa piktyur ko eh =))

    ReplyDelete
  23. d naman kakaiyak piktyur mo du!
    so adorable k nga e,parang walang kamuwang -muwang sa mundo ang fez;))
    ano kinain mo dito du,bat parang busog n busog k at nakahawak k p sa tiyan mo:P

    ReplyDelete
  24. hindi ko alam...
    basta nasa galaan hindi ko na alam kung anu-ano pinagkakain ko... :-P

    ReplyDelete
  25. kakaiyak nmn..:(( i grew up in a family na di uso ang magpakita ng emosyon...di kami nasanay na ipakita kung anong nararamdaman nmin.....

    when i was a child bihira lang nmin makasama ang tatay ko dahil parati siyang nasa maynila.(tga probinsya kmi noon)...he was a stranged father to us...marami din siyang babae noon...di rin siya nagppdala ng sustento nmin... my mom raised us na mag-isa niya lang...dami niyang hirap na piangdaanan sa tatay ko...daming sama ng loob ang dinibdib niya...nagpaka-alila siya sa ibang bansa pra lng mapag-aral ako while my father's bz with his kabit..

    for 26 years of my life i cannot remember if i ever said "thank you" and "i love you" to my mom... hopefully this mother's day i will have the courage to hug her and say "iloveyou mama and thanks for everything"

    ReplyDelete
  26. yan din ang purpose ma'am echo...

    kahit hindi uso ung magpakita ng emosyon... siguro kahit simpleng thank you at i love you hindi naman mahirap gawin... kahit walang matinding regalo o mamahaling pagkakagastusan... kung kapos sa budget at talagang hindi kayang i selebreyt... pwede naman idaan sa simpleng sulat o card o kahit anong pagbati... ang mahalaga nagpupugay tayo sa ating Ina na ibinigay sa atin ng itaas para maging gabay sa lahat ng oras at pagkakataon...

    ReplyDelete
  27. ****ESTRANGED FATHER pla**** sorry typo error :)) tao lang po

    ReplyDelete
  28. aw, ang sweet...naiyak ako dun a...sana mging katulad mo rin ang anak ko , if ever i seek for greener pastures..hehehe

    ReplyDelete
  29. ano ba nabasa ba ito ni Tita Flor?? nakakaiyak naman.. mama's boy ka talaga...

    ReplyDelete
  30. ewan ko... ni-send ko nung Mother's day eh...
    pati yung tula... kasama sa card... baka nabasa na nya...
    uy nagmu multiply na siya... ;))

    sayang hindi tayo nagkatuluyan noh?
    hindi sana Tita ang tawag mo sa kanya... lols...

    ReplyDelete
  31. ewan ko lang noh!!.. nabasa ko nga yung TOP 5 mo.. di ko man nakita ang name ko.. Tse... :-)

    ReplyDelete
  32. teka saan kita ilalagay dun? sa Top 5 crush?
    hindi naman kita crush eh...
    patay na patay lang naman ako sayo noon...

    ReplyDelete
  33. ewan ko sayo.. pinochioo!!!!!!!!! Tse....

    ReplyDelete
  34. pinochioo ka dyan... sino ba tong nag-debut na meron na palang bf... hmpfff
    <--- bitter hahahah...

    ReplyDelete
  35. waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa...... ewan ko sayo.... :-)

    ReplyDelete
  36. ang ganda pa naman ng suot ko nun sa debut mo...
    butas-butas na maong... dwarf sandals... tsaka plain white t-shirt...
    tapos may BF na pala... lols...

    ReplyDelete