Wednesday, August 27, 2008

The Parable of the Scorpion and the Frog

One day a scorpion was trying to cross the river when it spotted a frog attempting to swim at the water.

SCORPION:  Can I ride on your back while you cross the river?  I want to go to the other side too.

FROG:  I am afraid that you might kill me
afterwards.

SCORPION:  I promise, I will not kill you.  You will help me cross the river, so how can I kill someone who is willing to help me?


And so the frog agreed to bring the scorpion across the river, carrying the scorpion at its back.  But after they crossed the river, the scorpion stung the frog with its poisonous tail.  As the frog was dying, he asked:


FROG:  Why did you kill me?

SCORPION:  BECAUSE IT IS MY NATURE!


May lesson ito...
Kung mamumulat lang tayo sa mga pangyayari ngayon sa bansa...



13 comments: