Friday, February 22, 2008

Satirical Pinoy 101 - da Commissioner, EDSA , Libingan, & one Lucky Bitch

Introduction:

 

I watch the news but I have always stayed away from politics.  I have always hated indulging in political discussion way back when I was young, when I could always hear opinions from customers of my Lolo’s barber shop where I usually hang out since I was given the task by my Tita to watch out for that cunning barber who cheats us of hard earned pesos and use it for his womanizing ways. Yes I know, I am not totally stupid [some parts are still missing], I know what happens when the shop closes.  Aside from the barber shop, the store next door is busy with tambays, Ginebra gin, water as chaser, and if it feels lucky, there’s pulutan to grab and eat periodically, but most of the time it’s politics.

 

Politics warms the blood during cold mornings.  I just have to turn on the TV early at dawn and watch how today’s political events are shaping up.  Things have never been this amusing since 1986.  Yes, I already existed in 1986, and the year before that, and Ninoy’s alleged assassination, and years before that.  Basically I have gathered information from the common tao’s perspective, which truly are amazing in their sense of grasping the situation and sometimes make it argumentative which is the most interesting part.  So I figured, I am making some comments in the world of free speech and democracy, satirically speaking.

 

and so it goes...

 

-------------------- *** --------------------

 

Former COMELEC Chair Benjamin Abalos is so into news these days.  From the automated poll bid that went sour, the 2004 Hello Garci election event, Joey de Venecia statements, the famous “may 200 ka dito” from Secretary Neri, the Lozada revelations, and lastly I heard he was into burJer. I know, it’s burger and not burJer, I misspelled but I was merely reacting to pronunciations.  By the way I think the administration made a mistake in appointing him as Chairman of the COMELEC.  They should have appointed him as Commissioner instead.  Get it? Commissioner…

 

-------------------- *** --------------------

 

On Monday they will be celebrating the People Power Anniversary.  I remember the radios before, Cardinal Sin said go to EDSA and protect Ramos and Enrile.  I got a text from a friend yesterday and it said, go to EDSA, there’s midnight sale.  People Power is a miscoined term.  It should have been Bloodless Revolution of EDSA.  It was not through the collective effort of people and nuns and priest and Ramos and Enrile in human chains that made it one of unusual stories of hope in our history.  It has always been the military’s decision on whom to support.  It happened in 86, it happened in 2001, and it will not happen again.  This time the situation has changed, the critics don’t have the military’s support.  Period.  No revolution has ever succeeded without the support of the military. 

 

-------------------- *** --------------------

 

Early this morning I saw the program at the Libingan ng mga Bayani.  What event was that? Something about heroes, I forgot since I was busy getting coffee since it was cold.  I wonder how many heroes were buried there.  And are they all heroes?  Can the OFW’s be buried there?  After all, they are the new heroes.  Or is that only for the rich and famous?  Somebody suggested that it should be renamed Libingan ng mga Bayawak.  I wonder who they are planning to bury there in the future…

 

-------------------- *** --------------------

 

The “Lucky Bitch” joke has already been immortalized around the globe.  I guess Neri’s evil comment was much nicer after all.  I’d love to see how it happened.  Anyways Gov. Joey Salceda has already apologized about the comment intended as a joke but unfortunately, it was interpreted out of context. Malacañang just brushed it aside.  Gov. Salceda is the one lucky this time…

 

-------------------- *** --------------------

 

Ink’s over.  Maybe next time I’ll be able to make more comments. Maybe.

18 comments:

  1. wow great read! buti ka pa talagang may naccb sa politics..

    ako keber na lang.. nakakasawa na kasi eh... walangh pinagbago, paulit ulit...

    Liked what youve commented about the Libingan ng mga Bayani?! ... sobrang 220.. mean wonder myself sino sino ba ung mga nakalibing dun?...

    :)

    hayyy EDSA na naman hehehehe... punta ka?

    ReplyDelete
  2. may street party ba?

    wala akong pera eh... hindi siguro ako pupunta...
    sa Midnight Sale!

    ReplyDelete
  3. hahaha ay ay... ganun ba.. kala ko lng pupunta ka! makikibalita lang sana

    ReplyDelete
  4. haha... malayo eh... kakatamad lumuwas ng Manila...

    ReplyDelete
  5. saan ka ba now batangas o pampanga?

    ReplyDelete
  6. sabagy kahit san ka diyan malayo talaga hahahahaha.. nga naman! itulog mo na lang yan...

    ReplyDelete
  7. wag naman gawing libingan ng bayawak ang Libingan ng mga bayani..nandun FATHER ko eh.


    do ko alma kung pano mapapatalsik si GLORIA...kasi nga walang military support ang mga Opposition.sana ma heart attack na lang si GLORIA tapos maaksidente si NOLI DE CASTRO.

    ReplyDelete
  8. uy si Badong anak ng Bayani!!!

    halimbawa mangyari yang sinasabi mo Badong...
    payag ka ba dun din sila kasama ng tatay mo?

    ReplyDelete
  9. talking about politics ideal ang election sa amerika, by states not by the number of population, tapos meron silang delegates alongside the people for check and balanse pagdating sa caucus-

    pwede kaya sa pinas ito?

    ReplyDelete
  10. uy kuya, ang galing ah, diretsong ingles! hehehe!

    di ka lang pala magaling gumawa ng themes, magaling ka din mag-express ng opinions....sige dahil dyan bibilhan kita ng ben's burjer! masarap ito kc laging dun kumakain si lozada eh, di ba? gagong abalos yun, dapat nagbayad sya sa ABS CBN for free advertisement eh!

    ReplyDelete
  11. ayaw ko ng ben's burJer...
    sa Wack Wack yun eh... haller!
    wala akong golf club...

    pang Big Mac + Large Fries + Coke Float + McNuggets lang ako... remember? :-P

    ReplyDelete
  12. hmmm Wendy's?

    Double Bacon CheeseburJer, Large Fries, Choco Shake at Iced Tea?

    ReplyDelete
  13. di pala nasabi sa inyo ni plorwaks na sya ang lawyer ko??? magaling talaga yan mag ingles... di ba atty. arenas?

    ReplyDelete
  14. sa totoo lang wala naman akong nakitang mabuting idinulot ng EDSA "chuvanes" na yan... both 1 & 2....

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wag kang maingay!!!

    ang alam lang nila eh tumatanggap ako ng labada pag linggo...

    ReplyDelete