Saturday, September 9, 2006

Never



Today I woke up only to realize that I can never be somebody that I wanted to be. Everyday I live in a world of fantasy and dream, I dream of this, I dream of that, I dream of this particular person. I was always imagining things… that I am like this, I can do this, I can be with this person, etc. etc. etc. Ooops… I’m sounding like Yul Brynner from The King and I, living to my dream I suppose…

Today I woke up and I realized I can never be like Francisco MaƱosa. Ah… To build, to build, a noble profession indeed… as the quote says. I dreamed of becoming an architect someday, to build my own house, to design my own yard, to create my own setting. I thought this was way better than becoming an Engineer, which my father couldn’t and wouldn’t understand. It’s not that I loath Engineering, but I guess I just don’t want to be told of things that I would do. It’s my dream, not theirs. I got my own dream to chase, and in a wink of an eye, I just realized that it already flew away.

Today I woke up and I realized that I can never be a rock star, belting out songs like the way Axel Rose, Jon Bon Jovi, or Sebastian Bach sings until their lungs wear out, composing songs the way Jim Steinman does. I could carry some tunes but I can’t sing like them. I guess I better practice whistling from now on.
Today I woke up and I realized I can never be a Hollywood celebrity. Hahaha nangarap ka Duni! If Brad Pitt’s handsome face could launch a thousand ships, mine could sink twice that number… Need I say more? I guess not.

Today I woke up and I realized that I have to wake up and forget about those stupid imaginations that are always floating around this air-filled head of mine. I have to start doing my best in pursuing those other realistic dreams which lingers on my mind but I didn’t give attention before. Those other dreams that are achievable, perhaps, can help me become a better person from now on. I guess I just have to wake up on the right side of the bed starting tomorrow.

And Oh, one last thing…

Today I woke up and I realized that I can never have you…


No comments:

Post a Comment